9.17.2010

see this??

See that?? {Insert sound and smell of gently falling rain.} The leaves sliding from green to yellow?? You know what that means??

Autumn.

Beautiful, blustery, colorful, cozy autumn. Sweaters, cocoa, rain, pumpkins, {tasteful} Halloween decorations, pumpkin and apple pies. Plus I have a wedding(!!!). (Though I was disappointed when we changed the date, I've always secretly wanted to be an autumn bride.)

All I can say is, "Welcome, friend." I love autumn. I really do.

And yes, that is the view from my back 4x4 porch.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I think being an autumn bride is ideal!

Claire said...

Don't forget about the brisk cool air and the occasional smell of a wood burning fire in the air!
Such bliss!

Denise said...

It has even started to feel a bit Fall-ish around here. Now I just have to convince Dad to find the bin of Fall decorations out in the garage. . . . I think it's probably time to take down my Easter eggs. Nevermind.

Susan said...

I love autumn too!

I loved your descriptive words...they make me smile!

I trust that you have viewed my blog post with the "less than tasteful"pumpkins, in the windows of the new tenant of my former flagship Yardley Black-eyed Susan store...oh, dee.

Welcome fall, indeed!

michelle said...

Welcome, friend. I like that. It pretty much sums up how I feel about autumn as well.

Although it's still hot here and we're not seeing much evidence of fall, the mountains are ablaze with color! Jill and I went up to Sundance last week to bask in the changes, and it was glorious indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...