9.30.2010

turning 23

My 23rd birthday was over a month ago, and I'm just getting around to posting about it now. This year's birthday was a little different from the norm, but as usual, I loved it. Before we changed the wedding date, I was going to have my birthday on mine and Josh's honeymoon, but when we changed it that meant that I spent my birthday in Oregon. I celebrated with my family the Saturday before with a cookout in the mountains. This was especially fun because some of my Canadian family was in town (they came down even though the wedding date changed) and could celebrate with us.

Here's an accounting of birthday presents:

Cookbooks--Joy of Cooking and Colorado Cache Cookbook, from Mom, Dad, and Emily


"Home: The Perfect Nest" sign, Mom

Luggage scale! (so cool), Mom and Dad

Silver chain necklace, the kids

What I bought with birthday money, Grandpa Wood

What I bought with Penzey's Spices gift card, Grandpa Petersen

Giant flower broach, Susan

Wall clock, Susan

Framed things of my grandma's (technically a wedding shower gift), Susan

Monogram necklace, Susan

Turtleneck and dress ensemble, Susan

Bracelets, Susan

Maui Jim sunglasses, Josh

 Happy purse, Josh

 Locket, Rachelle

Headband set (there are gray and black ones too), Rachelle

Cardigan I bought with JCrew gift card, Karen and Jeff Wilson

Headband I bought with rest of JCrew gift card, Karen and Jeff Wilson

 A set of Paris Colors cards, Michelle

Birthday mix, Jill

Josh met me for lunch and then took me out to dinner at the place we went to right after we got engaged in April! On my actual birthday, my almost-mother-in-law, Karen, made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. (Jeremy and Estee were still in town, which was fun. For future reference, Jeremy is Josh's brother and Estee is his wife. Nicole is Josh's sister and Josh Snow is her husband. Nicole and Josh left town a couple days before my birthday.)

This was the first birthday I've spent away from home, but it was really good. It was a different birthday, but equally wonderful.

Here's to another year for me!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Whoa, this is the jackpot wad of great birthday gifts!!!!!!!

michelle said...

ooh, I love it all! But most especially the framed items of Grandma's. And the ruffled cardigan!

Denise said...

I'm still coveting the JCrew cardigan and headband. *sigh* It's nice to feel so loved on your birthday!

Susan said...

...probably that last comment was prompted due to the shot of that way too cool engagement bling! I think that is the first time I've seen your ring! FAbulous.

Looks like quite a nice stash and a fun birthday for your first away from home.

And I really want that luggage scale. That would be the perfect thing for a heavy packer like me!

Pamski said...

You'll love your Maui Jims!! They have the best replace/repair policy ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...