9.26.2010

rose-colored glasses

Yesterday the weather was beautiful, and so before it turns cold and rainy, we thought we'd head to downtown Portland and go to the Rose Garden. It was pretty busy there (many people had the same idea that we did), but we snagged a good parking spot and perused the pathways lined with beautiful and well-kept rose bushes. I had my camera (I still get giddy when I re-realize I have it back now) and was snapping pictures from the beginning.









After we'd walked around for a while, we lay out a blanket and dozed for bit (yes, that picture was candid and not Josh avoiding the camera).


And then Josh kept dozing while I read a bit more of my book.

It was lovely. Not too hot out, but still nice enough to lie out on a blanket napping and reading. And as we were leaving we saw this little guy just hanging out.

I didn't even have to zoom.

Today it's back to rainy--which I absolutely love--and so after I publish this post I'm going to read my book until the desire for a nap overcomes me.

4 comments:

Claire said...

I love the roses with multiple hues and colors!

Denise said...

Beautiful! I wish we would have had time to go when we were there. The napping part sounds especially nice.

Jill said...

This looks like a totally dreamy day!

michelle said...

I love walking around gardens and taking pictures! And I love reading and napping. SO excited that you have your camera back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...