9.15.2010

hosting my parents

This past weekend I got to host my parents in Portland! We had the Oregon open house for the wedding on Saturday, and so my mom and dad flew out and stayed with me in the apartment.

Mom and I went to the outlet mall in Woodburn, where Mom found a cute black sweater at Ann Taylor and I spent some gift money at J. Crew. Fun, fun, fun.

Saturday was the big day, and we had fun helping out and not being in charge. (That's just kind of nice every once in a while!) The party was at a family friend's who has a stunningly beautiful backyard. (All photos courtesy of my mother, who doesn't lose her camera.)

This photo shows only a glimpse of the landscaping. I mean, it's seriously breathtaking.

The decorations were super cute and festive (Mom thought to bring the paper lanterns we bought for the reception to see if the Wilsons wanted to use them--they fit in perfectly!)


Mom also made me a new dress to wear at the open house--I love love love it.


We had cupcakes at the open house, and those were plain delicious (banana with chocolate frosting and chocolate with vanilla buttercream icing).


Did I mention how pretty the party was??


And I got to spend the weekend with my mom and dad. And I loved it. We watched "Monk" and drank hot chocolate and chilled with the Wilsons. (And Mom washed my towels, folded my laundry, and unloaded my dishwasher. And Dad figured out the universal remote for the TV.)


I miss them.


But with 37 days until the wedding, I'll be seeing them super soon!

5 comments:

michelle said...

How fun!

1. I can't even believe your mom found the time to make you a new dress! So great.

2. That picture of the lanterns underneath the tent is SO. cute.

Camille said...

LOVE everything about your open house!! Gorgeous!!

Denise said...

37 days?! That's sooner than I thought. Love you, miss you! Love Wilsonville--and the Wilson's!

Jill said...

I love the paper lanterns and the color scheme you've got going on.

Susan said...

Yea, your mom told me just today that the wedding was about 5 weeks away, and I said, "Wow, I had it in my mind that it was a lot sooner than that!"...oh, dee. Better get the flowers orderd...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...