10.02.2010

Operation Superhuman Reader: since moving to Oregon

It's been a while, I know. But I have still been reading. So here's what I've accomplished since the move.

Charms for the Easy LifeCharms for the Easy Life by Kaye Gibbons

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a delightful quick read. I loved the characters and the simple stories. This is a great book for a light read that still has some poignancy to it.


View all my reviews

The Story of Edgar SawtelleThe Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow. This book was different from anything I've ever read. The prose is beautiful and the story equally compelling. The characters--including the dogs--are so complex, and the relationship Edgar has with his dogs is remarkable. The book jacket was a little misleading to me, but I liked the actual story more than what I was expecting. Though I truly loved this book, it did wax a little long to me. However, that's pretty inconsequential considering how much this book made me think. This is a novel I'll have to go back and reread, because I know I didn't catch all the meanings and nuances the first time.

Loved it. Read it.

View all my reviews

4 comments:

paws said...

Huh. I was surprised by how little I enjoyed this book. Maybe it was just too different from what I was expecting.

paws said...

That was Edgar Sawtelle I was referring to, by the way.

michelle said...

I love both of those books!

We missed you at donut night...

Jill said...

I absolutely loved Charms for the Easy Life, and have the other book on my to-read list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...