10.16.2010

wedding philosophy

Whenever I tell people I'm getting married on Friday, they usually ask something like, "Whoa! Are you just going crazy?" or "You must be so stressed out!" But I'm not. I've had a few moments of being stressed out, but really, all the wedding planning has just been fun. Granted, I have an incredible super mom and a remarkably talented wonder aunt who are taking the big responsibility load, and I trust them both implicitly. I'm not worried about anything. It's just been really, really fun.

That's how a wedding should be: fun and meaningful. And really, I'm just excited to be married, more than I am for the party. This next week I want to savor every moment, have fun in the crazy, and enjoy my time with family and friends and Josh.

I'm approaching this next week with a very live-in-the-moment attitude. I'm only getting my wedding week once, and I'm going to make it count.

5 comments:

michelle said...

I don't know how many brides are fortunate enough to feel as you do, Charlotte. I think you are one of the lucky few. Hooray for enjoying it all!

Susan said...

I trusted my mother implicitly as well, and can't recall being stressed one bit! My mother was the epitome of style and comfort. She had everything under control for sure.

So, enjoy your last week as a mother's girl before you become a wife...as you look forward to becoming a wife! It's all good.

Lots of packages have been shipped, flowers ready to be picked up on Wednesday(!), and glass for candles and tinted water are ready for a plane ride with Fred and I...looks like it's all under control. For now, anyway! See you soon! I'm really looking forward to the time together, even though it's bound to be somewhat hectic at times. You're on a roll now.

Denise said...

Not many brides have Susan for an aunt--you lucky girl, you!

Justin and Diana said...

Yay for stress-free weddings and wonderful support peeps! Have a great time and enjoy every minute!

jt said...

I had the same mentality for my wedding, also having both Denise and Susan at the helm. Enjoy it! The wedding's fun, but it's all about the marriage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...