10.01.2013

what's the point?

I can't explain the burst of inspiration that hit me with this series. I had been reading about the Nester's annual project for weeks and thought, Hmm, that sounds nice for some people. But me? No way. I don't think I'd be good at it. I'll read from the sidelines, thank you very much.

Then I was doing some writing work and my heart whispered, Gracious. You need to write about being gracious. You need this 31 days. So here I am.

I spent some time last night brainstorming posts for this month and have some good ideas brewing, but I will surely have a night (or two or three or four) where I'm under the wire with nothing to post. So some of this will be flying by the seat of my pants. (Where did that expression come from?) 




Why focus on graciousness? Because it's a dying virtue. It's not valued or nurtured--and it should be. I think we'd all fare a little better if each of us were just a little softer, a little kinder, a little more merciful, a little more welcoming, a little less selfish--a little more gracious. That's the point--changing for the better. Because if we can work on changing ourselves and our families, we'll invariably impact some of the bigger things too.

This post is part of a 31-day series on gracious living. You can find the other posts here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...