10.12.2013

the sweetest moment

I was homesick yesterday, and I don't know why. Maybe because by the time I get to Denver at Christmas, it will have been five months since our last visit. Or maybe it was because lots of things lately have made me think of my missionary brother. Or it could have been because Emily and her husband aren't taking the job offer in Portland. While wallowing and feeling sorry for myself I was with Asher after his nap, watching him read to himself in the rocker (which he can now climb up into whenever he feels like it--goodness).



In my self-pity, I started to cry. Without prompting or coaxing, Asher put down his book and leaned in to give me a kiss. It was my absolute favorite moment. When I smiled and laughed, he looked so pleased with himself for figuring out that Mom could use a love. 

I've had my babe here for barely over a year, but I can already tell he has a gracious heart, and I love it.

This post is part of a 31-day series on gracious living. You can find the other posts here.

5 comments:

Ande said...

Well that's adorable.

PS can you tell I'm sitting in the morher's lounge at church and catching up on blogs and listening to kids practice the primary program? Because I am. Hence the flood of comments from me today.

Jill said...

I love that book Asher's holding! I read that to my kids so many times.

Homesickness is painful.

Camille said...

This is so sweet.

Unknown said...

I love every part of that sweet little boy--and his mom, too.

A Mitton said...

Okay, I just saw you in July but that kid looks so grown up! He isn't a baby anymore. Crazy.

And I am so with you on the missionary thing. I cry at least twice a week because of ours (and I have two, oof).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...