6.13.2010

12 on 12: summer saturday

01. What I snacked on as I got ready for the day.
02. Using my new mascara for the first time.
03. The card for my next fitting appointment. I had my first dress fitting today! All I need is a bustle, so I'm going back in two weeks to try the dress on one more time and to pick up the dress for good. Katelyn came with me, which was lovely, especially given that she's going on a mission super soon and won't be here for the wedding. It was a wonderful afternoon.
04. My wedding shoes. I think the patent leather ruffle says it all.
05. Walking in the rain with my polka-dot umbrella. It makes me happy.
06. Renting Sherlock Holmes from the Redbox. Josh and I tried Skyping while watching the same movie. Laugh if you will, but it works for a interstate movie night. Try it.
07. I went with Diet Dr. Pepper for my Big Gulp today, a deviation from my traditional Diet Pepsi.
08. A complete recipe failure. I found this recipe online for "Emergency Chocolate Cake," where you combine flour, sugar, cocoa, milk, vanilla, and oil into a mug and then microwave it. The picture looked good, but the emergency cake tasted like Play-Doh.
09. Putting a cold pack against my throbbing jaw. I found out this week I need a root canal. Ew.
10. Playing on InDesign all afternoon designing my wedding invitations.
11. Grocery shopping for Sunday dinner.
12. Midnight snack.

8 comments:

Diana said...

What a lovely Saturday.
I can't believe your wedding is coming up so soon, I am so happy for you.

Miranda said...

I have so many things to say about this post! First of all, the colors are beautiful in your 12. I would have killed for cute wedding shoes like that. I must buy a cuter umbrella. I've always wondered about that emergency cake. I'm SO proud of you for designing your own wedding invites. Okay I think that's it.

Denise said...

Didn't your mother teach you never to trust a recipe for cake that is made in 1) a mug, and 2) a microwave. Playdough, indeed!

Susan said...

Yea, I'm pretty sure, along with your mom, that Grandma would not be supportive of any such recipe!!

I've never even thought of trying such a thing.

I'm laughing at the skype movie. Too funny.

michelle said...

This is so pleasing! That umbrella is way too cute. I still haven't seen Sherlock Holmes. I would like a review of the new mascara, please. And I am very grateful you went shopping and made us Sunday dinner!

Jill said...

An M&M breakfast is always a good way to start the day!

I love new mascara!

Melissa Marilyn said...

Fun and creative post! I agree with the aforementioned comments about the cake especially! ;)

amy gretchen said...

how exciting to see more progress with your dress. darling umbrella!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...