6.14.2010

wedding plans: the cake

Over Memorial Day weekend we had a cake tasting, and while wedding cake often has the stigma of not being very tasty, this cake tasting was full of goodness. Really. Yum. We met the cake lady at a Starbucks and after some chatting about the ideas we have, she gave us a sampler, which is basically a really long piece of cake with each layer a different flavor with a different filling.

After we tasted those flavors at home (so we could make faces at the kalua flavored--coffee--layer), she would make us a sample cake with the flavors and fillings we wanted (with adjustments, if needed, like making the chocolate cake less dark) and she could also try out the cake decoration ideas we had.

So Monday morning, Josh and I drove to pick up this:

And it was delicious. I'm so glad that I'll actually like my wedding cake.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Wish I had a piece right now. . . .

e.wilson said...

YUM.
gosh.

Jill said...

My wedding cake was really good too, but I only got one bite of it!

michelle said...

Cool! It seems like a great service to provide many different flavors and a sample small cake. Smart lady.

Good-tasting wedding cake is definitely not a given!

Melissa Marilyn said...

SO CUTE! Who is the cake lady?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...