6.01.2010

Memorial Day: the airport

My plane landed about 10 minutes ahead of schedule, and naturally, I was thrilled. But then another plane was in our gate, so for the next 30 minutes we sat on the tarmac while I compulsively checked the time, way more than eager to deplane and see Josh.

When I finally stepped out of the gate, my eyes swept the crowd and as I turned the corner to the rest of the terminal, there he was, calling my name. It was wonderful. Even if there had been a soundtrack, I wouldn't have remembered it. I don't know if I let go of his hand for more than two minutes the rest of the night.

4 comments:

Camille said...

I love this post. It's just like a movie :)

m.estelle said...

this is the BEST.

Denise said...

Perhaps you let go of his hand briefly when John coerced him into playing Mario-whatever.

Jill said...

Ahhh young love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...