6.18.2010

snapshot

A snippet of texting conversation between Emily and me.

Me: How do wizard/witch children learn how to read, write, and add? Harry, growing up as a Muggle, had an advantage that way. Are there primary schools for magic children, or are their parents responsible for all of their non-magic education?

Emily: I've given a lot of thought to that matter. I would expect there to be primary schools with plenty of home instruction thrown in. The Weasleys probably couldn't afford primary school, though, so they likely learned at home.

The conversation didn't end there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a very interetsing conversation and actaully I have wondered about that same thing... :P

Jill said...

You guys are funny. That's a long conversation for texting isn't it? At least for me it is!

Denise said...

I confess I have never thought of that, but am not at all surprised that you and Emily have given the subject serious consideration.

michelle said...

Hilarious. The thought never crossed my mind!

emily said...

I love our Harry Potter texting conversations! Hahaha. And I think that these questions will always bother me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...