6.02.2010

Memorial Day: the family

I can't tell you how good it felt to be home with my family. I came home and forgot everything else. I slipped back into Wood family life with incredible ease (though sometimes I do forget how to navigate my way through the universal remote). I love it. I love them.

Hugging my mom (even after seeing her just the weekend before when she was out for Sarah's final clogging competition) was incredible. And seeing my Number One for the first time in over a month was a happy, happy reunion. I swear John is taller since I saw him at graduation. Sarah is looking more grown up by the day. And running to Dad when he picked us up at the airport was so, so, so wonderful.

I hated leaving. Emily and I didn't even get to watch MK&A. But I ate pot roast and watched movies downstairs with everyone and almost inhaled homemade cinnamon rolls. If it had to be a short visit, at least it was a thoroughly lovely one. And when I left I tried my best not to think that the next time I'll be home is when I'll come home to get married in two and a half months. (Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to get married, but I wish I could go home more before then.)

I'm working on apparition (you know, like in Harry Potter). Then I could go home on the weekends, no problem.

5 comments:

Jill said...

It sounds like you got a good, quick dose of home. Hopefully it will carry you through these last 2.5 months of singlehood.

Diana said...

If I had to chose one spell it would be aparation. it would be so nice.
2 1/2 months will go by so quickly. I'd love to do something with you while you're still in Provo, even if its just running errands with you as you get ready for your wedding.

Shiny said...

Seriously, Apparition would be a life saver!

Susan said...

Let me know how that goes...and could your bring Grandma along?

emily said...

Wait, you're excited about getting married? Ha. I love that you're so happy and excited!

And I really do feel bummed that we were cheated out of MK&A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...