8.06.2008

Dear Dad,


Dear Dad,

I know Fathers' Day was a couple of months ago, so I'm a little late on this, but I wanted to write it anyway. Thanks for being so amazing. The love you have for Mom and your children is evident and undeniable. Even though some days are rough for everyone, I never doubt that you love our family more than anything. Thanks for loving me unconditionally. I know that no matter what happens, you'll always love me.

Thanks for working so hard. I know that employment has been something that has been hard for you and Mom to work out, and I've always admired your work ethic your determination to provide for our family. Sometimes finances are tough, but you always find a way to make things work out, and I've never wanted for those things I truly need.

I love how I can talk to you about anything: school, friends, church, and yes, even boys! In a way, I feel silly saying this, because it seems like such a duh when it comes to awesome parenting, but I'll say it anyway: thanks for being interested in my life. You ask questions about what is going on with me, how my classes are, how my test went, what is new with work and friends and church. I love telling you about my life, because I know that you're interested and that you care. Thanks :) You give some of the best advice ever. I can go to you with just about any problem, and you give me thoughtful, caring, comforting, and direct advice. Because I've never doubted your love, I know that the advice you give me is always for my good.

Thank you for being an honorable Priesthood holder. That means so much to me, and I can't express what a great blessing it was to have grown up in a home where my father honorably held the Priesthood and used it to protect, comfort, and bless our family. Thank you for keeping your covenants and for being such an excellent example to me of what it really means to be a disciple of Christ. I've never questioned your devotion to the Gospel; I've learned what the Gospel is the most through your example.

Thanks for putting up with my goofiness. I know that Emily and I dancing in the kitchen may not be the most convenient or, let's just say it, normal, but you laugh and let us ride out the goofiness. I think I would probably drive myself crazy if I had to deal with me. :) So, pretty much, you're amazing. I couldn't ask for a better dad. Thanks.

Love you lots and lots,
Charlotte

2 comments:

michelle said...

What a sweet tribute, Charlotte. Letters like this are the best gift a parent can receive!

Denise said...

I agree!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...