8.14.2008

thrifty jackpot

Last year, I pretty much mooched off of my roommates for kitchen supplies. I didn't have my own dishes, my own pots and pans, my own baking stuff. Over Christmas and stuff, I did acquire some more of my own kitchen and baking supplies, so at least I felt like I could contribute a little bit, but overall, my kitchen supplies were greatly lacking. I felt that I couldn't go into this year without a solid supply of my own stuff, yet the prospect of acquiring all the kitchen staples I needed was financially overwhelming. So, Mom suggested we go thrifting and find what I need there.

Last night, Mom and I ventured out to a more ghetto part of town to the ARC thriftstore and proceeded to fill our cart with several pieces of kitchen supplies. Here is what I found:

Inventory of what I purchased:
  • 2 stainless steel pots
  • 1 stainless steel frying pan
  • 2 mini muffin pans
  • 2 stainless steel square cake pans
  • 1 loaf pan
  • 1 Whirly Pop
  • 4 dinner plates
  • 4 salad plates
  • 4 glasses
  • 1 butter pot
  • 4 bowls (they are the pieces wrapped in paper)
  • 1 blue polka dot plate for cookies
All this for $48.78. That's right: $48.78. I think my favorite purchases are the stainless steel frying pan, the polka dot plate, and the Whirly Pop. Seriously, I can make awesome popcorn now with my very own Whirly Pop!!

It was a score of a night last night. Not only did I find all that stuff--almost covering me completely for the fall--for so cheap, but I got to shop with just Mom and me, go home and wash all my stuff (it took a couple of hours because I had to let most of the stuff soak so the stickers would come off), and stay up 'til midnight keeping Mom company while she made cinnamon buns for Dad's work. It was a stellar night all around.

My own Whirly Pop for $3.99!! (I can't get over how cool it is.)

4 comments:

Diana said...

What a fantastic night. Those are great kitchen items I cant' believe you got all of that for less than $50.

Denise said...

That was a fun night! Thanks for keeping me company in the kitchen.

Jill said...

You really did hit the jackpot!

michelle said...

Hooray for thrifting! I can't believe you found that little butter pot -- that brings back fond memories. I've never used a Whirly Pop, is that something I should be pining after?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...