11.02.2010

the wedding: groom's dinner

We had a big family dinner the night before the wedding. It was fun to see everyone in a more casual, less hectic setting.


We had Senor Burrito cater, and it was delicious, delicious Mexican food!

I typically don't wear bedazzled title shirts, but this one seemed appropriate and tasteful for the evening.


Mom and I frequently would flash our ring fingers in a wedding-trumps-everything-in-a-fun-way motion.


For dessert we had a cake buffet with chocolate angel food cake, giant chocolate ding-dong cake, yellow cake with white mountain frosting, and cheesecake--all homemade. Obviously.


I had so much fun spending time with my family, Josh's family, and many of our close friends. One of my favorite moments actually was seeing Sarah sitting off to the side reading her Nancy Drew book toward the end of the night. I stepped away from the hubbub as well and had a few minutes of sister time.


I'd been looking forward to this family dinner almost as much as the actual wedding reception. It was a great way to take a deep breath before the big wedding day!

Next up: the flowers (yes, they do deserve their own post)

Note: All wedding-related photos are taken by Michelle. She was amazing.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Obviously the cakes were homemade. And delicious.

I loved seeing you step aside and talk with Sarah.

Good call on Senor Burrito!!

Denise said...

Obviously.

I think the dinner was one of my favorite things, too. It was so much fun to have some time in a more intimate setting to visit and enjoy good food!

Thanks goodness for really nice friends.

Daniel said...

I think it's funny that your picture of your "big family dinner" is predominantly a picture of... my family. In any case, sorry I couldn't be there. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...