11.08.2010

the wedding: reception

We had the reception here.


We had barbecued brisket in a delicious buffet.


I hope that Susan and Fred (her husband, my uncle) got to relax a little bit and have fun after all the hard work they did.


Josh and I were busy most of the night making the rounds and greeting all the guests (we didn't have the typical line).


Though, we were able to sit down at our "sweetheart" table at the front of the room to eat some dinner. This way we could eat and people still knew where to find us.


We had the guests sign the book here. (Jessie made the guest book on Picaboo, and it's awesome.)


I loved our wedding cake and monogrammed topper.


I wish I got more of it than the piece Josh and I shared, because it was seriously delicious cake.


Close to the end of the party, I changed out of my wedding dress to get ready to leave with Josh. I hugged my family (old and new) good-bye, and I had to push back some bittersweet tears. It felt so strange leaving my parents and my siblings and all my in-laws behind, and I felt that I didn't have a chance to really process all of the wedding-day emotions. But it was so much fun, and so wonderful.


The next series of posts: the honeymoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love

michelle said...

Your leaving was totally bittersweet. I was really feeling for your families!

Denise said...

Bittersweet, indeed. *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...