11.01.2010

back as a mrs.

I'm back! I spent some time thinking about how I wanted to jump back into the blogging world and couldn't think of anything spectacular, except that I'm married and back from a Mexican cruise! I'm a little reluctant to return to real life, but Josh goes back to work tomorrow, so I guess that means that I need to find my workless routine again.

Wedding week was a whirlwind of emotion and flowers and {happy} tears and packing and pictures. Honeymoon week was full of sun and beach and food and relaxation. It's all been just wonderful. And even though the thought of hitting the job search again makes my heart ache just a little, I'm excited to find a married groove with Josh. We don't have to say goodbye at night anymore, and I'm constantly surprised at how comfortable being married is for me.

Josh and I have spent today errand-running, unpacking, napping, and trying to clean up the apartment, but at the moment I still have several loads of laundry to do and so much stuff to pick up to make this apartment cute again. But as I smell the meatloaf cooking in the oven and see the potatoes baking in the toaster oven and look over at Josh, I'm overwhelmed with how happy I am and how beautiful my life is turning out.

All wedding photos by Michelle

So I'll do my best to document the wedding and the honeymoon and various aspects of my new life. Perhaps blogging about it all will make the real-life transition a little easier.

It's good to be back and finally married!

6 comments:

michelle said...

I'm glad that being married feels so comfortable and right to you! I was really struck with how happy you looked throughout your wedding day, it was a delight to see.

Blogging about it all will definitely make the real-life transition a little easier! Bring it on.

Cami! said...

Yay!!! We are so happy for you! Being married is the BEST, as I'm sure you're discovering. Other people always think we LDS ladies are too young to be married, but they must not understand how awesome it is. :-) Congrats!

April said...

I am beyond happy for you to finally be married!

I was getting a little teary eyed because it is so happy to be married. When you said you are overwhelmed with how happy you are and how beautiful your life is turning out, I just loved it. I am so happy for you and it makes me think of my own life. Not many people can say they are living the life they dreamed of when they were a little girl, I can and for that I count myself so lucky.

Sorry I'm so long winded here, but I wanted to say how sad I was to miss the party here (we were sick!). I really wanted to see you and tell you how happy I am for you in person. I guess it was not to be!

I am excited to continue to read about your adventures in your new and wonderful life. :)

Congratulations, Mrs. Wilson!!

Jill said...

How fun to return to your blog as a Mrs.! Congratulations!

I think it's kind of great that you don't have a job right now, because it means you can settle into married life and get your home all set up the way you want it to be. I absolutely loved my apartment when I first got married and I never got tired of rearranging, cleaning, decorating or just being in it. I guess I was playing house for real.

Jill said...

I can't help but be a little envious that you get to enter married life as an established blogger because it means you'll have such great documentation of everything!

Denise said...

I was thinking exactly what Jill said in her second comment! Lucky girl, indeed. Love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...