1.02.2009

2008 Summary: RETROSPECT

I was reading my friend Emily's blog and loved this; so naturally, I borrowed it for my own blog :)

I RUINED or lost:
several receipts
a spatula
the blanket for my bed--blasted USPS

I EXPERIENCED for the first time:
Guitar Hero World Tour
Racquetball
Drug den job
"House"
"Alias"
Brian Regan
my first ever violin recital (I was a bit surprised that this year was the first time I actually played in a violin recital. . . .)

I TRAVELED to:
does Broomfield count?. . .
Stars Hollow via all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls

I READ (and loved):
The Friday Night Knitting Club (Kate Jacobs)
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran Foer)
Middlemarch (George Eliot)
Jude the Obscure (Thomas Hardy)
Persuasion (Jane Austen)

I OBTAINED:
a "big girl" drivers' license (in CO, when you're twenty-one, your license goes from vertical to horizontal)
two pairs of hot boots
perspective
the cutest dog created by the hand of God
More books than I'd like to admit

I SAW:
P.S. I Love You
Prince Caspian
Arrested Development
Twilight (yes, I'll admit it)
High School Musical 3
potential in those I love, even when they didn't see it
my first opera, Don Giovanni
my brother in a tux

PLAYLIST:
"You're a Part of Everything" Josh Kelley
"Faithfully" Journey
"Take Me Away" Lifehouse
"Crush" David Archuleta
"Dancing on the Perimeter" The Actual
"Shoot the Moon" Norah Jones
"Pop Game" Josh Kelley
"This Time" Jonathan Rhys Meyer
"Can't Stop the Rain" Cascada
"All We Are" OneRepublic
"Africa" Toto
"That Thing You Do" The Wonders
"You Found Me" The Fray
"Hanging by a Moment" Lifehouse

I EARNED money at:
BYU's Physics and Astronomy Department
tips.com
the drug den aka EZ School Supplies
great day at Sashco
the Maxwell Institute

I CREATED:
a cute apartment that can be a sanctuary away from home
sweet dance moves
essays and essays and essays
more scrapbook pages
new friends and better friendships with existing friendships

I was TAUGHT/learned:
the wonder of punctuation
that I'm placed in specific places at specific times for specific reasons
art history
dog pee definitely stains the carpet and smells like crazy
reading my scriptures before doing homework makes my work time so much more effective
that literature can connect and bond people
how to edit
the need to and the freedom in submitting my will to my Father's
a budget is always a good idea

4 comments:

paws said...

Somebody at USPS must love blankets. I lost an entire box of them during the move to AZ. Argh!

Denise said...

I like this idea and enjoyed your list. I'd like to do one of my own, but am somewhat daunted by the prospect of having to remember all those things from 2008!

Paula said...

Didn't the Neal Maxwell institute used to be FARMS? Tell me more about working there!

michelle said...

I loved this! What a great retrospective on your year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...