5.14.2010

countdowns

I have several countdowns running at the moment, and they separate out into two distinct categories: the big countdown to the wedding and then the smaller countdowns to each time I get to see Josh over the summer. I won't install any countdown widgets on my sidebar or plague you with gushy, updated counts each day, but I will give a run-down of the countdowns as they currently stand. Perhaps I'll give periodic updates when the big countdown hits milestones, like today, for instance: 14 weeks exactly.

As of May 14, 2010:

Big countdown: 98 days (yesterday it reached the double digits!)
Memorial Day countdown (Josh to Denver): 13 days
From Memorial Day to the Fourth of July (Josh to Utah): 31 days
From the Fourth to my long Pioneer Day weekend (me to Portland): 17 days
From Pioneer Day to when Josh comes out for the wedding (both of us to here): 24 days

This is totally manageable. I've got this under control.

3 comments:

April said...

This is very manageable. :) Although it does make me smile and kinda laugh. If there is a time I would never go back to it's being engaged. (It really is worse then dating...) But I think you'll look back, you will be glad you and Josh are _not_ together for your engagement. (But that will only be after you are married!) I'm excited to see you in a few weeks. :)

paws said...

Boy, do I remember well woes of a long-distance relationship. Dan and I sent motivational/funny/spiritual/ lovey/dovey postcards to each other every day. It was really fun, and now we have a tangible memento from those days.

michelle said...

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I love the idea of writing little cards to each other, what a fun thing to have in the future!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...