3.17.2010

a eulogy for a friend

When my hot cocoa spilled all over my desk on Monday, I thought you were safe, that the cocoa had innocently seeped underneath you, leaving your insides intact. But I was wrong. Somehow it got inside and ruined you. The last thing I listened to on you was the third HP book. That was nice. You were a loyal and dependable friend for three or so years. Sometimes you were like an extra appendage. Now you're dead. Forever. I tried charging you, but you just crackled.

Now I have to find a new one.

Rest in peace, 30GB iPod Classic.

6 comments:

Shiny said...

Aw, Im sorry:( Loding an iPod is really like losing a friend. I have an iPod Video...you can have it if you want it. It works really well!

Daniel said...

It's not dead yet! There are things you can do to get it back. I promise. When I drop your stuff off to you this week, we can take a look at it. Not to get your hopes up (the odds are still not good), but it is possible.

Denise said...

NOOOoooooo!

michelle said...

Say it isn't so!

m.estelle said...

charlotte. my little classic just died on me too. sad day.

Jill said...

Oh this is sad news. I will have a moment of silence for your dearly departed friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...