3.14.2010

Operation Superhuman Reader: LAST BOOK

Today I finished my last undergraduate book. I finished it, my last ever college book (unless, of course, I go to grad school, and even then, I won't go into an English discipline--too much theory).


I was a little surprised when I realized that The Sunset Limited would be the end of college novels for me and have been toting my camera with me for the past couple days, making sure that when I finish it, I'll have proper and timely documentation.

I think a trip to Borders is in order so I can stock up on books to have waiting in the wings, now that I'm finished with novels for classes.


The Sunset Limited The Sunset Limited by Cormac McCarthy


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I didn't really know what to expect from a McCarthy play, and I ended up loving it. The premise is simple, but the themes are still intense and poignant. The whole play (just one act) is a dialogue between two characters characterized as just Black and White (which do also refer to their skin colors). This book is full of life/death philosophy but it was  very accessible. It's especially interesting reading this book after having read so much of his other work. This is a super quick read (you could easily read it in one sitting) and one that is well worth your time.

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

michelle said...

What an amazing thing to have documented! Truly significant.

You definitely need to have books waiting in the wings for pleasure reading now. Feel free to pillage my bookshelf.

Jill said...

Congratulations on finishing your last college novel!!

Pamski said...

I've decided to read The Road based on your review. I'll let you know what I think. Looks like you liked all of McCarthy's books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...