3.26.2010

mom's birthday post


Today is my mom's birthday, and I want to write a fitting tribute but am having a hard time coming up with adequate words to describe how truly incredible she is and how much I love her. I'll try.

She's amazing. Really. She does everything: she's a phenomenal mom and a loving wife, excels in her busy and demanding church calling, takes care of her aging parents, costumes the high school musicals, finds time to talk to me on the phone several times a week, takes Sarah to her dance class, reads John's English papers, irons the clothes, does the laundry, cooks dinner, arranges family home evening, sends care packages, text messages pictures to me, always looks beautiful, and loves me more than I could ever know.

She, along with my dad, have taught me everything most important in my life. My mom knows who she is and why she's here, and she's passed that knowledge down to me. Even though I'm living in Utah, away from home, she still teaches me and advises me on so many things in my life.

I wish I could truly articulate what I feel for her and how much I love her. She's my mother, and she's one of my best friends. I hope that she can see in herself what I see in her, because what I see is love, commitment, faith, beauty, and strength.

Happy birthday, Mom. You're amazing to me.

6 comments:

michelle said...

She is truly amazing! And one of those people who are beautiful, inside and out. I can't remember a time when I did not look up to her.

Happy birthday, Denise!

thepostproducer said...

I love your mommy, Charlotte! This is such a sweet post =) Happy Birthday to her!

Denise said...

What a moving surprise post for me to find at the end of my fun day! Thank you for your sweet words. You inspire me to want to live up to them. I love you!

Jill said...

She is an amazing person, and you are so blessed to have her for a mother!

emily said...

We are so blessed to have such a mother. She is beautiful in all things. This is a beautiful post, char. =)

Susan said...

I second everything you said about your mother, and now that Grandma has passed, she is the closest thing to her that I have. She has every fine attribute that Grandma had. I love her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...