3.11.2010

like I need another one

I like another TV show. Gah. I had some downtime last week and thought to watch the pilot episode of "Parenthood," a new show on NBC. My initial draw to the show was the fact that Lauren Graham (a.k.a. Lorelai Gilmore from the oh-so-therapeutic-and-hilarious "Gilmore Girls") is one of the stars. I didn't know what to expect, but I like it. A lot. I liked the pilot but did see room where bad writers could make the drama more of a soap opera; the show has a wide span, covering the lives of numerous characters, but I think that with good writing, it could really work.


I watched the second episode this morning and still really like the show. I hope it continues to be good . . . even though I don't need another show to follow. I just really enjoy television shows. Embarrassing, but there you have it.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I watched it too, and just like you, I only initially watched it for Lauren Graham. I am glad I am not the only one.

Miranda said...

I don't know whether to be excited or concerned. I saw all the commercials and was really hoping it would be good, but then I thought there was no way it could be. I'm with you...do I really need yet another thing to distract me from productive work? Yeah, probably.

Jill said...

Randy and I watched both episodes rather cautiously and decided we like it. The first episode was a little rough, and after watching it I said, "Well, let's go cry ourselves to sleep."

But the 2nd episode found its footing for us and we really like all the characters. I think it's a little wrong that I discriminate against the power-lawyer mom, but that's my issue.

michelle said...

I am drawn to it because of Lauren Graham as well. I forgot to set a timer for it, so I haven't seen it. The commercials made me fear it was going to be a soap opera.

Diana said...

We've only watched the first episode so far but liked it. We're going to watch the 2nd one this weekend.
We watched it because of Lauren Graham too!

Daniel said...

Hmmm... So far I'm the only dude (and I'm one serious dude) I've met so far who loves this show. It's like The Wonder Years for right now in that it seems to hit the difficulty of life right on the head while still showing how great life can be. Good combination.

To cite my favorite part just for the heck of it, I loved the scene at the end of episode two with the dad and his son playing at pirates. Loved it.

Mark said...

Who is Lauren Graham?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...